Although the Yarborough Branch located in the former Americana Theater building officially opened in January of 1999, it has a history in North Austin that spans over four decades and includes a rather lengthy series of incarnations. The Branch originally began in 1956 with the opening of the Northwest Branch at 5923 Burnet Road. It was then moved in 1964 to the Allandale Shopping Center and renamed the Allandale Branch. In 1981, having outgrown this space, it was relocated to property within
2200 Hancock Drive, Austin, Texas 78756
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
The Austin Creative Alliance is funded in part by the City of Austin through the Economic Development Department's Cultural Arts Division and by grants from Texas Commission on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts which believes that a great nation deserves great art. The Creative Alliance also receives generous in-kind support from CreateAustin, and Time Warner Cable News. We are also grateful for the ongoing support and participation of our members and patrons.