The French Legation was originally built in 1840-1841 to be the residence of the charge d’affaires who represented the government of France in the Republic of Texas. The Legation became the home of Dr. and Mrs. Joseph Robertson in 1848, remaining in their family until 1949, when it was acquired by the State of Texas. Under the custodianship of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas, the site has been lovingly restored and furnished with items original to its time period. It is the oldest
802 San Marcos Street, Austin, TX 78702
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
The Austin Creative Alliance is funded in part by the City of Austin through the Economic Development Department's Cultural Arts Division and by grants from Texas Commission on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts which believes that a great nation deserves great art. The Creative Alliance also receives generous in-kind support from CreateAustin, and Time Warner Cable News. We are also grateful for the ongoing support and participation of our members and patrons.