Ballet Austin Education
Ballet Austin acknowledges the arts and arts education as essential elements in the educational process necessary for the intellectual and social development of all humans. Ballet Austin is committed to offering educators resources and opportunities to provide young people with arts experiences,
EDUCATOR CONTACT INFO
SELECT A PROGRAM
The Nutcracker Docent Program
Just prior to The Nutcracker School Shows, Ballet Austin Guild members and other volunteer Docents visit schools to help students learn more about dance and professional ballet dancers, including topics and materials such as:
- The History of Ballet
- Dancers as Artists & Athletes
- The Life of Professional Dancers
- Dance Shoes
- Ballet Costumes
- The History, Music & Story of The Nutcracker
Our... View more
Booking / scheduling contact
Requesting the Docent Presentation for Your School
Timing request are submitted by the schools in conjunction with your school's The Nutcracker School Shows registration. Scheduling is coordinated directly between the teacher and volunteer Docent in the weeks leading up to The Nutcracker School Shows. Minimum Qualifications:
- Schools must reserve a minimum of 45 minutes for a Docent Presentation.
- Teachers must be present in the classroom during the Docent Presentation in order to help with equipment and maintain discipline.
Teachers are responsible for insuring that the classroom and equipment are ready for the Docent Presentation prior to the arrival of the Docent. Required equipment for the multi-media Docent Presentation:
- A computer with PwerPoint capabilities
- A projector connected to the computer
- Speakers for the computer
- A CD player
- An overhead camera projector is required as backup for all Docent Presentations
- If your school does not have PowerPoint capabilities, the Docent can give the presentation using the overhead camera projector
Docent requests are accepted for Central Texas schools within a 30-minute drive of Austin city limits.
Docent presentations are provided at no cost to schools that have registered for The Nutcracker School Shows in that same school year.