The Hispanic Alliance for the Performing Arts is a Texas non-profit corporation founded in 2011 to encourage and support Austin’s historically underserved youth particularly its Hispanic population to participate in the performing arts today and for generations to come.
Its mission is to collaborate with local performing arts organizations to enhance Austin by bringing the arts to the Hispanic community and other underserved segments of the population as a means of individual betterment.
Through various programs, the Alliance aims to spark and cultivate interest in the performing arts among influential Hispanics who can, in turn, commit to help expose underserved students and their families to the arts to promote long-term educational and social benefits, cultural awareness and vital community involvement.
* Bring together an effective group of Hispanic professionals who are committed to exposing Austin’s underserved school age children to the performing arts.
* Launch a free/low cost educational music program for children in Austin’s underserved communities.
* Create a mentoring program connected to the performing arts for all economically-disadvantaged and Hispanic students in middle and high schools to help them graduate and go on to college.
* Provide opportunities for lower income middle, high school and college students to attend performing arts performances in Austin.
* Organize and present performing arts events for the general Hispanic community and other underserved segments of Austin’s population.