Unexpected Joy tells the story of three generations of female singers, long-held family tensions, and a week together where change is in the air.
In modern-day Cape Cod, Joy, a baby boomer and proud hippie, is holding a memorial concert for the other half of her popular musical duo, Jump & Joy. When her tightly wound, conservative daughter and her sweet, rebellious granddaughter arrive from Oklahoma, sparks fly as one family seeks to find the common ground in their different values, dreams, and goals. A heartfelt and hilarious story that celebrates diversity and acceptance, Unexpected Joy weaves folk-rock, pop, and blues in bringingView more
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Dec 4, 2021 at 08:00 pm (Sat)
- Dec 5, 2021 at 05:00 pm (Sun)
- Dec 8, 2021 at 08:00 pm (Wed)
- Dec 9, 2021 at 08:00 pm (Thu)
- Dec 10, 2021 at 08:00 pm (Fri)
- Dec 11, 2021 at 08:00 pm (Sat)
- Dec 12, 2021 at 05:00 pm (Sun)
- Dec 16, 2021 at 08:00 pm (Thu)
- Dec 17, 2021 at 08:00 pm (Fri)
- Dec 18, 2021 at 08:00 pm (Sat)
- Dec 19, 2021 at 05:00 pm (Sun)
Additional time info:
We will have a post show reception on December 3.
ASL interpreted performance date TBD
STreamed performances on 12/4; 12/8; and 12/12
979 Springdale Rd, Suite 120, Austin, TX 78702
We are hard to find.. please watch this video.. you’ll be glad you did.