Resistance: Origin and Gender in the Zapatista Movement Photo Exhibition
A photo exhibition by Paula Reynoso a photographer based in Los Angeles. Her photography focuses on Latin America and encompasses a diverse range of subjects, from social and political struggles to intimate reflections of daily.
Ms. Reynoso has built an extensive body of work chronicling the Zapatista uprising that emerged in Chiapas, Mexico, from its beginnings in 1994 to the present day. The photographs in this collection documents some of the most relevant events in the Zapatista movement’s history, captured glimpses into the daily lives of women in Zapatista communities, and gathered intimate portraits of their supporters. The prominence of women in the Zapatista Army for National Liberation (EZLN) isView more
FREE EVENT to the opening reception on Friday, June 21 6 – 8 PM and the exhibit display until July 27, 2019. This exhibit is sponsored by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development.
Contact: 512 407-9911
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Jun 21, 2019 at 06:00 pm - 08:00 pm (Fri)
- Jun 22, 2019 at 10:00 am - 04:00 pm (Sat)
- Jun 24, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Mon)
- Jun 25, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Tue)
- Jun 26, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Wed)
- Jun 27, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Thu)
- Jun 28, 2019 at 10:00 am - 05:30 pm (Fri)
- Jun 29, 2019 at 10:00 am - 04:00 pm (Sat)
- Jul 1, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Mon)
- Jul 2, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Tue)
Additional time info:
The opening reception is on June 21st from 6 – 8 PM and the exhibit will be on display until
July 27, 2019.
600 River Street, Austin, TX 78701
Free Parking is available to guests attending the center’s programs, galleries and special events. A temporary parking pass is available in the main office. There is also metered street parking available.