Jennifer Ling Datchuk: Truth Before Flowers
In Truth Before Flowers, Jennifer Ling Datchuk disentangles histories and traumas through objects culturally associated with womanhood.
Inspired by the history of teacups and dinnerware, Datchuk employs porcelain to speak in dualities, especially of fragility, resilience, and ultimately the struggle between diversity and the flawless white body. Materials like porcelain and hair have crisscrossed the world and reflect migrations of identity. Datchuk deconstructs established hierarchies of materials and champions the handmade.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Jul 20, 2019 at 12:00 pm - 06:00 pm (Sat)
- Jul 22, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Mon)
- Jul 23, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Tue)
- Jul 24, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Wed)
- Jul 25, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Thu)
1710 Lavaca St., Austin, TX 78701